Saturday, October 28, 2006

Tuesday, September 19th

11:00am. I need an angle grinder. Humph. Well, let's see if the border guys really need to get in.



0_Tuesday1:15pm. On the road again after a nap.
John Wesley Harding - Bob Dylan



1_Tuesday1:22pm. I've been stuck here for 8 minutes now.



2_Tuesday5:28pm. Port Huron, MI: made it through fine! Gas is $2.19/gallon. Unbelievable. Had to go in to the gas station and ask the attendant, such was my unbelief. Let's see how far I get tonight. 17.56 miles/gallon.

10:08pm. Watervliet, MI - 107 miles to Chicago. My right knee burns! It burns us!
When the Doves Cry - Prince
When the Doves Cry - Prince
When the Doves Cry - Prince
When the Doves Cry - Prince

11:20pm. Somewhere in Indiana. Gas, $2.33/gallon. 17.82mpg. Oh wait, it's actually 10:20pm! Nice. That's why I'm moving to AK. It's always earlier to the west. You can get more done.
I never knew my right knee could hurt in such strange and wonderful ways. I hope I'm not causing irreversible damage. A high price to pay, driving to AK cruise control-less.
With God On Our Side - Bob Dylan

12:54pm. Some rest area in Illinois. Safely tucked in between about 30 semis, I'm going to bed.
Sunday Morning - The Velvet Underground

8:11am, Wednesday. 7hrs of sleep should be enough to get me to Iowa. It got down to 37 this past night. Good thing I brought my winter sleeping bag along - and put it in the locked U-Haul. I think I've got a cold.
Rocky Mountain High - John Denver

No comments: