Thursday, December 29, 2005

November Barcelona trip photos

If you really want more, ask, but most of them were of the Camp Nou, and as you'll see, a 3-dollar camera doesn't work well at night.


Noisy germans drinking heavily and rooting for Werder Bremen hours before the game. They lost, of course.


The Camp Nou, during the Champions League anthem. Notice the football flag being waved around, and the two teams, Werder Bremen and F.C. Barcelona, behind it. Approximately 67.000 spectators that Tuesday night.


My grandparents at their summer house, which is about an hour's trip southwest from Barcelona, in a town called Santa Oliva (Holy Olive).


View from the living room upstairs.


View from the door downstairs.

More pictures coming. Tomorrow I'll post some of Lochcarron, taken by my parents (mostly).

4 comments:

Sara said...

Two Europe trips in 4 weeks-- you are lucky.
I like the picture of your grandparents. They look like cute old people.

Gabriel Florit said...

They are. He's 82, she's 81. Antonio and Ines. We talked a lot this time: they told me about their early days as a married couple, how it was living under the Franco regime. Once while riding the subway, they told me how every now and then they'll start yelling at each other, just to see other people's reaction, and then later they laugh really hard thinking about what people must have thought, seeing grandpa and grandma fighting.

Yes, they are cute old people.

r.c.f. said...

haha. that's awesome. i have an idea! take me in your cargo bag to europe! yeeeeeeees *nods head slowly*

nokomis said...

me too! me too!
the pictures look splendid, rupert. Good job reporting back to us bloggers so faithfully.