Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Back from Lochcarron

This is where I was for the past 5 1/2 days:


From left to right: the old manse, the old church, the new church, my parents' house. It wasn't that sunny most of the time, actually it was sunny for 2 hours on Friday and 1 on Monday morning. It always rains in the West Coast. Not complaning though, it's a beautiful place.


Two Europe trips in less than 4 weeks! Almost excessive, feels like I haven't been around Saratoga Springs lately. Feels good to be back. I love routine, and getting one down just right.

Will probably post a new year's list later. In the meantime I'll accept suggestions for New Year's Eve. Last year I spent Christmas' Eve by myself, first preparing a special supper while listening to SAD carols on NPR, then eating supper all by myself, then reading Crime and Punishment. I quit the latter after an hour, it was making me depressed (duh).

This year I'm thinking of going to one of the Jazz clubs for the midnight hours, but maybe you people have other ideas. I could always plan a weekend camping trip in the Adirondacks, it'll only be higher twenties, which is warmer than usual.

Photograph authors: first one unknown, second one Alex Ingram, local Lochcarron photographer.

1 comment:

r.c.f. said...

you put up those pictures just to put mine to shame, didn't you? well, you succeeded.