Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I almost shaved ...

... my head this past weekend. But first, other news.

1 ) I finally decided that rotting shrimp smell is most definitely not a good thing to be had in my very small kitchen. Called a garbage pickup company, they charge $26.80/month for weekly pickups. Good grief! I paid 8 dollars in suck center. Complained about this, and my long-haired fellow employee noted that we have tons of cornfields on which to dump our garbage, and that makes it cheap. Had to agree on that one...

2) I haven't mowed my lawn in 3 WEEKS! This is an accomplishent, but if you haven't rented or kept a place in Iowa previously, let me explain that in the past 5 years I was indoctrinated and came to accept that The Lawn Must Be Kept Short or Else. I was wrong! Also, I have moles on my lawn. Keep killing their subterranean mansions every time I go to work, I can feel it.

3) Was called a midwesterner, after I spammed the entire company with the following: "Chalking lady seen walking south of the library, at around 10am". A seemingly innocuous email, but my keen sense of the 4 cardinal directions is not a skill to be found in east-coasters.

4) I cut my hair rather short. In other words, I had her use clippers. The next day the Saratoga DMV was graced with my presence, and upon furnishing the lady with my US passport, 4 out of 6 points needed to prove that I am indeed who I am, she exclaimed (rather loudly) "oh!". I have to live with that terrorist picture passport until March 30, 2011. What was I thinking??????? I looked horrible!

5) Wurldmedia was on the front page of Albany's Time Union newspaper. No mention of PeerImpact! Someone should have told the reporter what we actually are developing.

6) Was half-dragged to a bitchin' bump-n-grind club! Yeah baby! After a late-night event at someone's house (the party was dying) we drove to Albany, and hit this apparently popular club. On its opening night, of all days... I liked it for about 3 minutes, but then my gin and tonic was over and I went outside, to sit on the steps and wait for almost 3 hours until they were done partying. I should have driven myself.

7) I am now a very proud student of jazz guitar! This one place called One Caroline St. had a hip jazz duo one night, and it got me thinking: I have an electric guitar. I have an amp. I don't know how to play an electric guitar. I have tons of free time. Next logical step: weekly sessions with a rather amiable grey-haired man called Joe Gitto (he also plays at One Caroline often). Am loving it.

8) Two weeks ago I went to an Episcopal church and not only did I eat the body and blood of Jesus Christ, but my previous sins were forgiven! Woohoo! I went there twice, the first and the last. Beautiful cathedral, reverent liturgy, lots of candles and smoke, intricate patterns on the Father's robe, but... the sermon, excuse me, exhortation, lasted 5 minutes. I'll be frequenting Hope PCA instead. Praise & Worship (not all the time, but it manages to make me cringe), warm and friendly people, got invited to someone's house on the first day, and the pastor delivers a good exposition. I guess it just makes sense.

9) Still fancy the girl at Borders. She happens to work at another coffeehouse too, run by a lady that attends Hope PCA. Tons of possibilities there. Dreamt about her last night. This is the beginning of another obsession, I know... But she has black hair, folks! I'm helpless.

13 comments:

r.c.f. said...

oh gabe, you whore.

me said...

i needed that. thanks gabe.

scott hendric said...

gabe, gabe, gabe...never in my life have i met someone with such a grasp on exclamation point usage. inspiring.
you are missed.

jack. said...

reuben, that's frightening.

Ismael Florit said...

Can't you do something about the moles? =/
Anyway, I'm not dizzy in the morning but I couldn't get out of bed. Have you chosen any songs yet for christmas?
Ismaelito.

Ismael Florit said...

Caaaaaan you feeeeeeel the loooooooove of Robert Lindquissssst toniiiiiiiiiiight O_O AAAAAAAH

JustinVK said...

New york city?! how did you pull that off?

JustinVK said...

What happened to the happy days of Demco

scott hendric said...

gabe. if anyone needs to post more it's you.

Margaret said...

good point, Scott. (I almost spelled your name Scoot, but then thought that maybe we aren't at nickname basis yet.) I agree.

scott hendric said...

Well, Margaret, you can call me Scoot if I can call you "Marge".

sarah said...

yeah gabe, scoot and marge are right: we're all beating you now. and you're the one with the all the free time and the posh house and the dream job--what's your excuse?

beka said...

i had to change my blog because of technical problems... the new blog is http://bekapeter.blogspot.com/

have you received the letter i sent you?